20 January 2009

F To Tha L-S! Noise: Part 5

¡Españoles luchan!

Last November 2008, I bought a copy of Keeps Gettin' Better: A Decade of Hits, Christina Aguilera's first greatest hits album, along with the self-titled debut album of American Idol season 7 runner-up David Archuleta. I believe it is incredibly amazing to see that these albums are from the artists with Spanish descent. Yeah, you absolutely heard it right! Christina Aguilera and David Archuleta are both Spanish descent. Or in short, Hispanic.

Needless to say, I already know in the past that Christina Aguilera has this Spanish roots from the time she released her first Spanish-language studio album, Mi Reflejo nearly a decade a ago. In spite of that, I was utterly knocked for six the minute I discovered that even this newcomer, American Idol season 7 runner-up David Archuleta, is Hispanic too. :))

Anyhow, I'm glad that most of the albums that I bought so far these past several years are from the artists with Hispanic roots. Which somehow made me feel exceptionally at home at the end of the day... <):)

Christina Aguilera - Keeps Gettin' Better: A Decade of Hits (Deluxe edition bonus DVD)



Release Date: November 7, 2008
Genre: Pop, R&B
Label: RCA

Price: PhP 430.00 (Available at SM Record Bars here in the Philippines)

It was around September 2008 when I initially learned that Christina Aguilera will be releasing a new album once again scheduled for a November 2008 release. And as a matter of fact, I was really looking forward to it in order to see her latest innovative style which is you know, she constantly does ever since during her Stripped days.

To be honest, when I first heard her first single, Keeps Gettin' Better, on the first week of September 2008 after it leaked in the cyberspace, I completely dislike it right away and it immediately gave me a hesitancy to buy the album. However, the minute I pinned my ears back to the track several times, I ultimately end up enjoying it.

For this reason, I bought a copy the album and to my amazement, I was extraordinarily enthralled by the futuristic, space-age like sounds and rhythm of the four new tracks (though the two of it is a future-shock re-made version of her earlier hits, Genie In A Bottle and Beautiful).

And at this point, I can really say that the four new modernistic tracks are genuinely one of a kind in this day and age!

In fact, I'm pinning my ears back to it up till now. Plus it comes with a bonus DVD which has about 10 music videos in it of the chart-topping hits she had back in the day.

And without a doubt, Christina really knows how to reinvent her music and her flair every so often.

On the other hand, here are the following space-age tracks that I currently have a thing about:

1. Genie 2.0
2. Keeps Gettin' Better
3. Dynamite
4. You Are What You Are (Beautiful)

On the whole, I guess this album is somewhat a collector's items of all Christina Aguilera's smash hits back in the day. That is compiled all together and which will somehow serve as a sort of remembrance for her fans during the course of her decade-long ride in the music industry that absolutely made her a household name.

However, I was a bit disappointed with this album since some of the chart-topping songs she had back in the day were not included in this collection such as The Voice Within, Can't Hold Us Down, Reflection and all that. As well as some of her Spanish songs too are not included in this Greatest Hits album. :(

Yet one thing is for sure, Christina Aguilera will definitely keep on evolving for the better (which is certainly obvious in her every album) and will do everything just to give everyone an impressive taste of the hottest and the most groundbreaking music in this day and age along with a remarkable spark of creativity. <:-P

David Archuleta - David Archuleta



Release Date: November 11, 2008
Genre: Teen Pop
Label: Jive Records

Price: PhP 450.00 (Available at SM Record Bars here in the Philippines)

Back in the day, I fairly underestimated, devalued as well as played down the ability and competence of the various winners of the American reality TV show, American Idol.

However, the minute Carrie Underwood, Kelly Clarkson and Jordin Sparks appeared in the limelight and have successfully demonstrated their worth in the music scene by doing their own thing along with runners-up, Bo Bice, Katharine McPhee, Blake Lewis and now, David Archuleta. And at this point, I can now utterly say that I was totally off beam! That I certainly misjudged the capability of the American reality TV show, American Idol to produce future music icons/superstars.

Nonetheless, I bought David Archuleta's self-titled debut album for the reason that the nature of his songs strikes a chord within me and extraordinarily jogs my memory which remarkably takes me back to the music I grew up with during my childhood and teenage years (I'm 20 now yet I always wanted to remain 16 or 17 forever!!:)) if it's just possible!). Hehe =))

Moreover, this lad extraordinarily impressed my fussy taste when it comes to music. He outstandingly proves the whole world that he can really hit the big time and dominate the mainstream pop music in this day and age. What's more, he also demonstrates that he can as well go beyond or do better than, otherwise reposition himself alongside Jesse McCartney, Chris Brown, the Jonas Brothers, Zac Efron, Corbin Bleu, and the rest despite the fact that he just came from the American reality TV show, American Idol.

On the other hand, here is the list of my fave tracks in the album:

1. Angels
2. My Hands
3. A Little Too Not Over You
4. You Can
5. To Be With You
6. Crush

For the most part, I can surely say that this album is just the thing! The record is just right for a newcomer who is just starting out and producing buds. And if you get to pin your ears back to this album you'll eventually question yourself if this kid is really a greenhorn in the business.

No comments: