18 February 2009

F To Tha L-S! Noise: Part 6

A Winning Comeback

Britney Spears - Circus



Release Date: December 3, 2008 (The Philippines)
Genre: Dance Pop
Label: Jive, Zomba, Sony Music

Price: PhP 395.00 (Available at SM Record Bars here in the Philippines)

To tell the truth, the moment I heard that Britney Spears is once again releasing a new studio album just a year after her fifth studio album, Blackout was released, I immediately pay no attention to it for the reason that I thought it was just a put-up job or something that is unreal or made-up.

But see, I was wrong. She really released a new album! :D

And I must admit that among the pop princesses at that time (Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, Jessica Simpson and Mandy Moore) of the late 90s teen pop, Britney is the one and only pop princess that I got my eye on.

And as far as I can tell, I was only 10 years old then when she first appeared on the boob tube in an international music channel with her debut hit single, ...Baby One More Time.

To be honest, I find the album title as some kind of a second-rate and an emulation of Christina Aguilera's Back To Basics album in 2006.

Because of you know, the "circus" thing and all that. And as a matter of fact, it is somewhat plain as the nose on your face as well as noticeably and deliberately resembling Aguilera's third full-length English studio album although let's say it is fairly unintentional.

I find the songs in the album as a feel-good dance album with bits and bobs of the 80's synthpop fused together with electropop. But then again, the album is still predominantly pop possibly due to Spears' pop princess/pop star status and reputation.

What's more, Circus is undeniably better and smashing than Blackout. And if truth be told, Circus is the second album of Britney that I have so far after her greatest hits album, Greatest Hits: My Prerogative last 2004.

On the other hand, here are the following tracks in the album that I became hooked on:

1. Out From Under
2. Circus
3. Kill The Lights
4. If U Seek Amy
5. Lace And Leather
6. Shattered Glass
7. Blur

At the end of the day, I think the most important thing that I learned with Britney is that, in life mistakes are really bound to happen no matter how good and how great you are. And at times you can really get it wrong and mess up at some time in your life regardless of how famous you are, how fortunate you are, how rich you are and all that. Because in the long run, your strength of character is what really matters most in this existence and in this lifetime. Plus you should really aim to live it up as much as possible so that somehow you will be able to pull through from the harsh reality in this existence.

Besides, most importantly you learned from the blunders you did back in the day.

No comments: