16 June 2009

His Thing: Special Edition

Francis Lloyd's Most Wanted PC essentials

When it comes to a lot of things, I always choose what's best for me. Even as little as surfing the web or listening to my MP3 play lists. For that reason, every time I use the computer, I prefer the following to be installed (or already installed) in whatever computer that I'm using so that my entire browsing experience as well as my MP3 sound trip will be a lot more fun and classy.


Favorite Web Browsers:

Flock

Flock is a must in my computer. I love Flock because it integrates social networking and media services as its main feature including Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, Gmail, Yahoo! and yes, Blogger! Then the moment you logged-in to any of the supported social services, Flock can track various updates from your friends, including their profiles, uploaded photos, etc. As a result, you don't need to open your social networking accounts again in a new tab and log-in because Flock already made it convenient for you.

In addition, Flock has special themes that allows you to customize the web browser itself. Thus, you can already personalize your Flock browser using its unique themes that exceptionally suits your personality. It also supports third-party add-ons, including a number of Firefox extensions.

Plus it has a blog editor and reader that lets you post directly into any designated blog. Yet, I don't use this feature anymore since I directly post my blog entries to Blogger itself so as to make sure that it was really posted in there. Other Flock's awesome features include: a feed reader supporting Atom, RSS and Media RSS feeds, a "Media Bar" showing preview of online videos and photos as well as subscription to photo and video feeds.

Ultimately, by utilizing Flock, you made a smart choice for yourself since it brings convenience to your life in this fast-paced era of Internet generation.


Google Chrome

I like this web browser since it's a wide screen kind of web browser and the design of its window is based on Windows Vista. A simple browser without any fancy add-ons and other unnecessary stuff displayed on the toolbar. Plus there's nine website previews seen every time you click a new tab which makes it convenient for you since it 'bookmarks' in a way, your most visited sites through this nine website previews.

It has a full-screen mode that hides the operating system's interface completely and its status bar is hidden whenever it is not being used, giving you a wide screen/full-screen effect. Moreover, Google Chrome makes it possible for you to view a certain web page in a full screen mode. For that reason, you can truly determine if a certain site is indeed visually pleasing or not.


Favorite Media Player:

RealPlayer

Believe it or not folks, as what I've observed, audio sound in RealPlayer is more crisp and much clearer. Plus its version 11 allows me to download my favorite videos on YouTube and on other sites and then get to store them in the computer in a Flash Video format.

Furthermore, whenever I have a new CD and played it to RealPlayer, it instantly rips the entire content of the CD. But you can also select if which track you are only going to copy. Other cool features of RealPlayer include: theater mode or the full screen mode video playback, groovy visualizations such graphical animations or the "light shows" as well as continuous play which loop multiple songs and shuffle play which play tracks at random. However, RealPlayer will be the one to pick the random tracks in order. Let's say: track 1, track 5, track 2, track 6, track 3 and so on.

On the whole, I think those were the significant reasons why I choose RealPlayer as my preferred media player.

No comments: