29 January 2014

Dressing Up Appropriately

By Francis Lloyd Sauza

Photo from Quito Treñas

Famous Ilonggo model, Quito Treñas, gives fashion tips to modern men and advocates "No-Carbs-After-Six diet"

Famous Ilonggo model, Quito Treñas
Next to music, fashion is the second thing that my heart yearns. Back in the day, clothes consumes almost 70% percent of my monthly earnings.

But now I realized that constantly following the recent trends in fashion would really hurt my pocket. Thus, I'm now starting to invest in basic fashion like going for a style and type of clothing that can withstand the never-ending seasonal fashion evolution. Simply put, I'm now going for classic yet trendy style.

Famous Ilonggo model, Quito Treñas validated my recent realization when it comes to fashion - dressing up appropriately. "I don't think guys need to be that fashionable.  We just need to look clean and fresh all the time. And when dressing up, we just have to be always appropriate. If your going to a club, look like you belong in a club. If your going to the mall don't look like your still going to a club."

"Fit is everything. It makes clothes look expensive. And it makes you feel good about yourself." shares Quito about his style philosophy. "I just like looking clean and polished." he adds.

This is true as money has become the primary concern of people in this day and age. Keeping your body fit can really go for a long way coupled with positive perspective can undeniably make you feel good about yourself. "What's good about going to the gym is that you could actually sculpt your body. You could, in a way, 'customize' and reshape it accordingly. Exercise and diet go hand in hand."

Despite that, Quito would like to put an emphasis on the condition that the clothes that one is wearing. "One thing that I am very very particular about is the condition of the clothes that I wear. They have to be well pressed. I don't go out of the house with crease or wrinkles on my shirt. It bothers me."

Quito is the son of the late Francis Perez Treñas and Dr. Kristin Gaona-Treñas, environmentalist and Chairman of The Heritage Council of Iloilo City. He is also the younger brother of current Iloilo City councilor, Jay Treñas.


MODELING WORLD

As a kid, Quito used to go out a lot which started the ball rolling on his modeling career. "As a young kid, I used to go out a lot. With that, I got to meet a lot of people and one thing led to another." 

When asked if what is it like to be notable in the national modeling scene: "I'm not quite sure about that. But I do think it could be humbling. It's reassuring and it gives a feeling of accomplishment."


PERSONAL STYLE

Quito looked up to James Dean when it comes to personal style. He said that he was inspired by the cultural icon and looked up to him when it comes to fashion. "He has a very bold style and quite an unapologetic stance," he shares.

Unlike other guys, Quito doesn't have any clothes or accessories that he can't go out without wearing. As of the moment, he shares that he's into oriental or East Asian fashion. "There seems to be a growing number of Korean and Japanese clothing shops that are opening in the country, they are quite trendy and they have fairly reasonable prices. And the range of sizes go down to XXS--which is always a good thing. I do not have a specific "favorite" brand. The newly opened shops in the Metro has caught my attention. I like them at the moment."


KEEPING FIT AND NO CARBS AFTER SIX

Quito shares with us how he achieved that perfect model physique. "Ideally, I like to work out four times a week. I like to workout in the morning. I usually do a 20-minute cardio [nothing too intense] before and after working out. I just usually work on one muscle group per day and I finish off with abs before I hit the treadmill for the second 20-minute cardio."

Quito has some workout and training suggestions. "Consistency. Just pick a workout routine that you could handle (make sure you follow through) and follow it up with a good diet that you will be able to maintain. You don't have to do anything drastic, just make sure you follow through. Think long term."

"One diet suggestion that isn't too drastic that I would promote is the No Carbs After Six diet. It means you don't eat carbs after 6 pm. This is what I did when I tried to lose weight. You can allow yourself to eat all the food you've been craving for in the morning [of course don't overdo it], and then forget about carbs starting 6 pm. Start small and be consistent," he advocates.


ADVICE

Quito shares some tips to the dreamers out there who also would like to get into the eye-catching world of modeling and be a model someday. "Like what they all say, It is not as glamorous as it seems. The end product is [without doubt] glamorous, but of course there is a process. You have to understand that it is a business. You are solely judged based on specific physical requirements -- and scrutiny could be harsh. Nothing should be taken personally. Just do what feels right to you and do it for all the right reasons."

Follow the writer on Instagram.com/FrancisLloyd

No comments: