04 October 2013

Saying Goodbye To The Scared Child Inside

By Francis Lloyd Sauza


October 4th, 2012, marks a rebirth for me - the day that I almost lost it all. In short, the day that I almost died yet was given another chance by God to rise up and survive.

Just so you know, I slipped on a wet cement stairs October 4th of last year and got a concussion. I will never forget the moment my head shook on the edge of the cement stairs. Loads of random thoughts came rushing into my mind while blood is flowing down at the back of my head: what if it's already the end of me? I still have lots of dreams to fulfill and left so many unfinished business and mission to accomplish.

Today, a year after that incident, I'm still very much grateful to God for the chance to live day by day and just be thankful for all the things no matter how big or so small it may be, still should be considered as a blessing from up above.


FEARLESS WARRIOR

That life-changing incident definitely taught me valuable lessons in life like being a fighter for life - you know the fire to survive and be alive. It also made stronger than I've ever been and it has unearthed the fearless creature in me.

I'm a worrier. Perhaps this is due to my domestically violent childhood and being bullied most of my life. Back in the day, I always worry about the future. I always have pity my self and for my future. But after that incident, I learned to let my hair down and leave it all to God and just feel each moment of being alive and feeling well. I realized that no matter what happens, it happens for a reason. 


EMERGENCY HEART RATE INCREASES

A lot had happened a year after that mishap, thank God I don't have accidents this year compared last year that I got motorcycle burn in April and the concussion in October. But just these past few months, I was diagnosed to have the onset of skin asthma in July. Moreover, I felt nauseous almost of time this year due to my hypertension and the heavy feeling on my legs and feet due to my gout which makes me tired and sleepy most of the time.

But I'm now taking maintenance medications for all of these illnesses and thankful for feeling well these past couple of weeks now not feeling nauseous anymore but feeling the headache and dizziness yet only a couple of times.


THE SMALLEST THING CAN MAKE ALL THE DIFFERENCE

I'm ending this piece quoting Anthony Robbins from his book that I recently stumbled upon - Awaken The Giant Within. "We're so accustomed to the miracles happening around us every day that we don't even see them as miracles anymore."

This quote reminds me to learn to appreciate all the little things in life and be grateful for every moment. Since every little thing is a miracle blessed from up above.

No comments: