05 January 2014

Laureen Uy: Break My Style

By Francis Lloyd Sauza

Photos from BreakMyStyle.com 

Laureen Uy
Fashion blogger and newbie actress, Laureen Uy wanted people to breakaway from their usual style and just experiment. "Never be afraid to experiment. Every post, I make sure to give a tip on how my readers can dress more than their usual 'top and jeans' look."

Laureen is a 23 year-old fashion blogger and newbie actress from Manila. She appeared in ABS-CBN's Primetime Bida soap, Kailangan Ko'y Ikaw playing as Esmy, the bestfriend of Ruth Manrique portrayed by Anne Curtis.

She has also appeared in My Binondo Girl in 2011 along with Kim Chiu. Laureen is the younger sister of celebrity stylist and fashion editor, Liz Uy.

Laureen started blogging in October 2010 and according to her, it was a fashion blog already. "It was a birthday gift for myself last October 2010. I wanted a visual diary for myself and decided to make a blog."


IN LOVE WITH FASHION

They say that you cannot give what you don't have. Laureen has been in love with fashion ever since she was a kid. That is why this is the subject that she blogs about since she started blogging. "I've been in love with fashion ever since I was kid, and I guess it just grew and grew and I wanted people to know about my love for fashion as well."

She posts a mix of sponsored and bought clothes in her blog, BreakMyStyle.com. She named her fashion blog,"Break My Style" because she wanted people to break away from their usual style and just experiment. "Never be afraid to experiment. Every post, I make sure to give a tip on how my readers can dress more than their usual 'top and jeans' look."

"I seldom get lazy when posting something on my blog. I guess it's because if you love something you do, it really doesn't feel like work," she adds.


PERSONAL STYLE AND STYLE INSPIRATIONS

Laureen's personal style is very experimental and she loves edgy looks. She mentions Lane Crawford as her favorite fashion shop. Moreover, she looks up to Nicole Warne, or more popularly known as Gary Pepper Girl as her style inspiration as well as to Kate Moss and Alexa Chung.


WARDROBE ESSENTIALS

LBD, nice stilettos and red lipstick are the stuff that Laureen can't go out without wearing.


ADVICE

Laureen shares some tips on how to start a fashion blog. "Be unique and always post something that will make people want to go back to your blog again and again."

Her fashion advice for both girls and guys: "Wear your clothes with confidence."

Follow the writer on Instagram.com/FrancisLloyd

No comments: